Effin' Sweet

Welcome to Your Life, There's No Turning Back...

Wednesday, July 06, 2005


Of course, Lil' Kim, here, is quite obviously giving homage to the timeless toy. Ironically, it's made from almost the same amount of plastic as she is!

Am I lazy?

Well, I'm more strapped for time than anything else. I know I told in my last entry that I'd divulge all the wacky details from this past weekend's Matrimonapalooza, three days of nuptial nuttiness. However, I know an account that'll do true justice to such a weekend would require a bit of time, so you'll have to wait until tomorrow. Of course, being strapped for time still meant I could troll through Google looking for images of "love doll." That was fun, let me tell you!

In its stead, is a little comparison study that's been percolating in the ol' cerebrum for the last couple of months. Over at thrice-despised and beloved Roosevelt Field mall, I've happened upon Christina Aguilera's ad for Sketchers shoes. It's pretty memorable, fellas, depicting Cop Christina "busting" non-Cop Christina, who's leaning over a car and looking all surprised. The undertones are quite ironically obvious (Oh right, it's about "shoes"!). Subtlety, we hardly knew ye...

But non-Cop Aguilera's appearance always bugged me, because she seemed to be mimicking the appearance of the old plastic, blow-up love dolls that you'd see staring at you in novelty shops or behind those beaded curtains in sketchy stores in Manhattan and what-not. (Not that I've ever been there... but I've heard of them.) Thus, I provide this, a comparison study.

I always meant to put it up in the blog... nothing more. Judge for yourselves. Maybe the resemblance is just my imagination.

Note from Tom: What originally followed in this blog entry was a lengthy diatribe about Christina Aguilera and Britney Spears. Read later, it made me sound like an editorial in some midwest town's newspaper about them new-fangled halter tops them hussies in New York are wearing are putting the devil's thoughts in the young Christian men of this here fine upstandin' town of Podunk.

So, I did away with it. And while I still find Christina and Britney particularly noxious, I'm not gonna waste your time ranting about it.

Tomorrow: Matrimonapalooza: The Conclusion!

Feedback Question of the Day:
"If you could do away with one celebrity, who would it be? Why? And, if you're particularly creative, how would you do the deed? Note: politicians don't count"

5 Comments:

At 12:13 AM, Blogger Chris said...

I'd kill Michael Moore, and I'd cut his ball sack off...

 
At 12:44 AM, Blogger Tom said...

And here I thought saying "no politicians" would avoid any unpleasantness.

Doesn't anyone want to just boil an MTV veejay in oil, or shoot a Backstreet Boy in the head?

No, I guess we'll just emasculate the most politically volatile celebrity to start off the comments.

Just wonderful.

I'm sure Toby Keith will be skewered up the hoohah in retribution.

 
At 2:42 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

can i say jesus?

 
At 12:06 AM, Blogger Tom said...

First Michael Moore, now Jesus... can't we all just get along.

And you know, Al, if Jesus were done away with, all those ironic t-shirts of yours would lose all their shock value...

...so aside from Him dying for our sins, think of your t-shirts, man!

 
At 1:58 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you have a good point, my shirts would be pointless...

and they have so many new ones too

jesus loves us

 

Post a Comment

<< Home