Effin' Sweet

Welcome to Your Life, There's No Turning Back...

Friday, July 01, 2005


We're Still Standin: Mike, Chris, and Jay celebrate the conquest of yet another Tarrytown-area bar, at the end of a night-long bachelor party, pub-crawlin' rampage!

I'll have to make this short, as I need to go to bed (Matrimonapalooza waits for no man... and I have to be up pretty dang early.)

I'm heading into a pretty wild weekend, with a wedding tomorrow morning, followed by a reception and a later after-party up in Tarrytown. And Sunday will be the annual pig-roast up in Peekeskill. And then, of course, my liver will most likely by pressing charges... but by then it'll be too late, and I'll be nursing one mother of a hangover on Monday, July 4th... at work.

...and there was much rejoicing...

"Yay!"

Tonight started off the festivities quite appropriately, with a wedding rehearsal (although the dance routines need A LOT of work... and the orchestra conductor arrived late... AGAIN!) But the show must go on, right? Yes, well, afterwards was the requisite wedding rehearsal dinner at nearby Giordino's, a most excellent Italian eatery... where I dined on some cheese-less pizza (antipasto?! Is that like "anti-Christ?" I don't know, except the antipasto was sacralicious!) I followed this with a delectable chicken carapaciopa-wa-dingdong-walla-walla washington? I don't know either...(I'm such a gringo) All I do know is that it was sort of a lazy man's chicken parm... with no cheese. And, of course, to show my liver what was coming it's way, I took liberal advantage of the free beer refills. Coors Lite... Hallowed Be Thy Name!

I might still be a little tipsy as I write this... but at least I'm not angry and bitter and this isn't New Year's Eve. Yeah, now I'm a happy drunk, and I intend to continue as such until Monday, when I'll most likely be a sulky, cranky, light-sensitive, hung-over slug... at work. All I have to say is, Thank God it'll be a holiday.

Then I'll most likely sleep it off Monday night, and spend Tuesday recuperating and writing a follow-up blog entry about the entire, wedded weekend.

Because, I know that you'll all be waiting on the edge of your computer desk seats, anxiously wondering what I'm doing in my free time.

Not a little deluded, am I?

Yeah... but definitely still a bit drunk.

Seeya soon!

Things I Find Cool, #1: Black people who speak with british accents. Ever see the Tanqueray commercial? Or the movie, Snatch? You know what I'm talking 'bout, Willis!

Feedback Question of the Day:
"What's the most fun thing you've done at a wedding or formal reception?"

3 Comments:

At 1:02 AM, Blogger Chris said...

I drank on the 4x4 tour in Ireland.
The Irish rule, you fucking know it!

 
At 3:23 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

on route to the church, myself, the bride, and four bridesmaids played chinese firedrill at all stoplights...

 
At 1:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

watched someone get a split lip in a wedding mosh pit

 

Post a Comment

<< Home