Effin' Sweet

Welcome to Your Life, There's No Turning Back...

Sunday, September 11, 2005


Nothing odd here: Mikey, Sam, Steve, and Hippy John settle in for a restful night. Together.

Why would I assume three guys laying on two towels very close to each other were gay? And then I realized it had a lot to do with American mentality, and the concept of personal space. Heterosexual American guys... like space. If me and two of my buddies went to the beach for the day, we'd give ourselves at least three feet of sand boundary between the towels. We wouldn't line them up all flush against each other and spoon...

... but then Ally brought up a point, "Would heterosexual guys go to the beach together for the day, without women... at all?" Well, I know I wouldn't. But that's because I'm not a beach person. So it's hard to say. But I understood what she was meaning.

Which brought me to my next pondering: are guys allowed to do anything together in public without being construed as homosexual?