Effin' Sweet

Welcome to Your Life, There's No Turning Back...

Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Lines Writ at Med School, Pt. 3

Here I am in class, listening to Fran Drescher half-heartedly describe the lymphatic system.

She lectured a little bit during the last class... but sort of as a sub. I'm not quite sure if that's her capacity, again, today. But she's certainly doing a lackluster job of it... much like the Yankees pitching staff. A woman this miserable must cry herself to sleep every night.

Okay, I'm a little down.

I spent the last four days being all happy and irresponsible... basking in a very pleasant post-test afterglow. Oh yeah, I should mention I passed my first test. To be honest, I wanted to make it a whole lot funnier and interesting, with hilarious googled-pictures and double entendres and veiled references to the Simpsons... but, I'm tired. Because it's pre-noon, it's crappy out, and I'm back in class.

The nice thing about my school is that they only teach one class at a time. Instead of half a dozen classes, and thus, half a dozen requisite exams, my school lumps all various disclipines, ie: pathology (looking at sick cells), histology (cell structure), microbiology (yet more things that are small), gross anatomy (just for a change, things that are not small), and biochemistry (what and how things work that are very small), and focuses on one body system at a time. So, my first test, which was on everything taught during the first 5 weeks of school, was "Fundamentals of Osteopathic Medicine," which gave a broad spectrum of topics from pharmacology, to bacterial taxonomy, to calculating pH. Now, we're learning about blood and the immune system.

But the nice thing is, now that I've passed my first exam, we start over, with a clean slate. I like that.

Oh yeah, but the Yankees lost. Which is disappointing. And I'll forego any more crowing about baseball, in deference to frustrated Mets fans... and fans of the team that shall not be named who got swept by the White Sox.

Sorry.

1 Comments:

At 7:55 AM, Blogger Chris said...

Congrats on passing!

Now let's play some beer pong!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home