Effin' Sweet

Welcome to Your Life, There's No Turning Back...

Saturday, October 01, 2005


Above, the typical victory prance for the Boston Red Sox.

Now, I truly despise Red Sox fans. Well, let me clarify. I absolutely, vehemently, and thoroughly abhor the boorish, obnoxious Red Sox Fan. Not the guy from Newport, Rhode Island, or the boy from Bangor, Maine, who "root" for the Red Sox. That's fine. Good for them. It doesn't surprise me that they root for the Sox.

What I can't stand, are the
juvenile,
rabid,
"Yankees Suck"-chanting,
exaggerated Southie-accent-having,
wicked ah-some,
pa-hk the cah',
glass of wah-tah',
going to Yankees games with Red Sox gear on,
cowboy-upping,
meathead,
Red Sox Fans.

I can't stand them.

I also can't stand several of their players. Varitek, Nixon, and the ever-mewling Schilling... that loudmouth a-hole. These guys have zero class. Always talking trash... always taking shots at the Yankees. Truly, the Bruce Dickinsons of the baseball world.

Then there are Red Sox guys that I have to give grudging respect for: Ramirez, Ortiz, and Damon. These can be listed under the category of "Guys I wish Played for the Yankees." These are men that are simply excellent players and fairly decent human beings, to boot.

Thus, the "Red Sox," that I hate, are not neccessarily a team or a fanbase, so much as a specific attitude. This, "holier-than-thou, Yanks suck no matter what, Boston rules" attitude.