Effin' Sweet

Welcome to Your Life, There's No Turning Back...

Thursday, October 20, 2005

Whole Lotta Halloween Hootenannies

I'll make up for such a lame title by including a crapload of pictures this time around. For the two or three people out there who check into this blog every-so-often, I apologize for the lateness in update. I wish I had a better reason, except that I had very little to say.

Every so often, a thought pops into my head, and I start forming a fetus of a blog entry in my noggin'. But what ends up happening is I ultimately realize it was a crappy idea to begin with, and I go all pro-choice on it. Sorry fetus article... it's my blog, and my choice.

Erm. Yeah. Well, all creepy analogies aside, I've had a couple of false-starts since my last article... But as I realized they all devolved into frighteningly conservative right-wing rants, I quickly remembered I had a sock drawer to arrange, and promptly forgot about blogging for the day. I've also forgotten what a run-on sentence is... and have most likely violated several grammatical rules... but I'm livin' on the wild side. It's my blog, baby. The rest of you are just visitin'!


The Second Annual Halloween Hootenanny, '02: The Geisha, the Samurai, Christopher Lowell in a Sailor Hat, the Male Stripper, the Knight and His Lady, The Wayne, and the Musketeer.

This will be the first year this millenium that I will not be holding the annual Halloween Hootenanny at La Casa de Crimmins. When it all started back in 2001, Ally and I had a conversation in which we lamented our post-collegiate status, and our resulting lack of Halloween-related activities for the holiday. Thus, we resolved to throw our own bash and invite all our wacky pals. A tradition was birthed. And my expense account at Spencer's Gifts started resembling a phone number. After all, my demented self never does anything half-way.