Effin' Sweet

Welcome to Your Life, There's No Turning Back...

Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Time to Play "Catch-Up"

Well, the gauntlet has now been officially thrown, eh? Jimbo's back, blogging with a vengeance. After triumphantly returning to the land of blog on April 16th, he's put out a whopping 5 articles, complete with pictures, requisite sarcastic captions, and his trademark wry observations on life, in only 10 days! While the pace is nothing short of heroic, and I certainly hope our buddy, Jim doesn't wear himself out (or maybe I'm just ashamed of my own measely contributions to my own blog these last couple of months!) That said, Jimbo's back with some excellent material, and I'm always grateful for another opportunity to procrastinate!

This is called a "visual gag." If you don't get it, break out the dictionary, kids!

And if that weren't enough to shame me into blogging more frequently, Chris has recently updated his blog with some new features - links, pictures, and captions! He's been a consistent blogger these last many months... but now he's upgraded to a complete multi-media presentation. And on top of that, I've now been drawn into the ever-entertaining political banter of Mikey vs. Chris... my joking about being a "card-carrying member of the The Young Republican Mountain Ranch Boys (My codename is "Entitlement Lad - The Irate Conservative") has resulted in me being called out on a recent blog article by the Über-blogger himself, Mikey Esquire. "But, 'twas all in good fun!" (Hey, considering the career I'm trying to get into, I've got to stay on the good side of every lawyer I know!)

And just imagine... this is me before I got drunk!

So with all this going on, I figure that I oughta keep up with my pals in my own humble blog. Anti-Canadian Loser tirades aside, I've been pretty quiet lately... and while I can certainly explain why with one word, that begins with "N" and ends with, "eurology" - (which I think is Latin for "Mental Buttrape." I'm not lying when I say that there's been more than a few times I've thought about chucking it all and going to Zeke's Plumbing School. These have been, unequivocably, the four worst months of my life. I'm sure my future residency days will beat out this recent academic prison-rape, but for the time being, this is, without a doubt, my personal nadir. And to top things off, while I was bashing my brains in, trying to remember all this stuff, I had started Weight Watchers... which, to be perfectly honest, has been pretty successful so far, as I've shed a solid 15 pounds. My goal is to lose another 30 by August 5th... but we shall see.

Hanging out in the City of Brotherly Love... Well, the safe part, at least...

Several weeks ago, Ally, Jenna, Jay and I headed into Philadelphia to catch the Body Worlds exhibit. The Body Worlds exhibit, for the uninitiated, are a series of displays of preserved human bodies that demonstrate the various body parts and systems. While I've had the unmitigated joy of dissecting cadavers and huffing formaldehyde on a weekly basis, it was still fascinating to see all the bodies posed in various positions, exhibiting all the amazing nuances of the human body. Of course, outside of that, the four of us basically walked around Philadelphia, acting like goofy tourists and taking the expected ridiculous shots.

His Holiness, Pope Jason I meets His Inebriated, Wavy Gravy

Believe it or not, but one of our favorite stops was a hat shop on South Street. We seemed to keep finding ourselves in there, trying on hats, taking pictures, and essentially annoying the heck out of the store owners... of course, wacky pictures aside, we never thought of how many other people may or may not have tried on all those hats before us... Ewwww.

Yaargh!


Yes, of course I jumped up and down on the Rocky Steps.
Are you the least bit surprised?


South Street was a trip. It was sort of like Bourbon Street, meets Haight Ashbury. Every third business was either a lingerie shop, liquor store, or a ghetto fabulous jeweler. You may be wondering - "How does one distinguish a 'ghetto fabulous' jeweler from a usual jeweler?" Quite easy - if every piece of merchandise's every possible surface and facet is encrusted in ostentatious bling, if there are autographed photos of every conceivable hustla, busta, MC, or East Side Boy adorns the walls - you know you're visiting a ghetto fabulous jeweler.

It's posing for shots like this that draw stares from Chinese tourists. Doesn't the black-and-white effect make it look all artsy?


What woman hasn't wanted to crush her fiancee under a gigantic novelty domino at some time or another?



"Whiz Wit!" All Philly Cheesesteak Purists should be happy - I insisted on making everyone wait on the three-block-long line at Pat's for the distinctive Philadelphia delicacy.


Rob Zombie was awesome live...

...but that'll have to wait until next time!

Feedback Question of the Day
"Finish this scenario: You take Jesus to Hooters, and..."

1 Comments:

At 7:40 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

...and comments in a resigned voice, "I didn't make those, you know"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home