Effin' Sweet

Welcome to Your Life, There's No Turning Back...

Thursday, July 14, 2005


A big shout out back to Deutchland! This guy's name is Chris Woznitza, and he commented on my blog! Rock-on, Chris! Ja!

I felt pretty freakin' excited that I got a comment from a complete stranger from another completely different country. Chris, if you're reading this, I want you to know that I checked out your blogs, and... well, I didn't understand any of them, as I do not speak German, but all the pictures feature you holding a beer, so you're all right in my book!

See, this is why the American youth is getting creamed by his and her European and Asian counterparts: they can read our blogs... but we can't read theirs! Mr. President, forget about the wealth-gap, or the debt-gap, or the missle-gap, or even Baby Gap... we need to fix this blog-gap...ASAP! Our country's welfare may hang in the balance.

Of course, from time-to-time, I happen to see my 18-year-old sister's instant messages and what-not... and it may as well be typed in a foreign language. The elementary school teacher in me recoils at such flagrant disregard for even basic syntax, grammar, and sentence structure. Seriously! OMG! BKA!

But, getting back to the point: Chris, thanks for the kind words, and take care of your bad Teutonic self over in Germania! Cheers! And by the way, Stephen King is my favorite author, too! Him, Nelson DeMille, and Clive Cussler, anyway.

Random Music Musing: The new Nine Inch Nails album is really growing on me... Trent is one song away from fulfilling my Rule of Three (3 good singles = me going out to buy the album). Even though I'm trying not to buy cd's anymore, I may just make an exception.

Another Random Music Musing: I'm finding it really hard to dislike the White Stripes anymore. Blue Orchid is such a great song... and Jack White's new facial hair makes him look a bit like Ben Posner... which just makes me like him even more.

Feedback Question of the Day:
"Have you ever put a serious challenge or task in front of you that you'd have to overcome? A project, task, or expression? How'd it work out?"

2 Comments:

At 10:39 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My serious challenge was overcoming my panic disorder. As tom and many others knew I had social phobia (fear of crowds, constant panic attacks [around 50 a day]).

But through lots of meetings and therapy, I still have the automatic thoughts but they just don't bother me anymore.

The automatic thoughts are a downward spiral of fear, mine were "you're sweating, people are looking at you, panic, more sweating, etc etc etc"

Granted, I still sweat but the point is the rest of the automatic thinking is now gone.

Took me around 2 years to fully say it's in the past.

 
At 11:40 AM, Blogger Chriswab said...

Thank you

 

Post a Comment

<< Home