Effin' Sweet

Welcome to Your Life, There's No Turning Back...

Sunday, September 11, 2005


Clearly, there is a gigantic difference between the European Flag and the Gay Pride Flag. Most notably, one represents a union of European nations... and the other one represents a particular sexual orientation. And one is a rainbow.

Oh boy... before any of my overseas readers or folks who subscribe to the alternative lifestyle start with the angry comments, let me assure you that this is neither a slam on Europeans nor people who are gay. Or even for gay Europeans.

No, this is all about a question that was voiced while at the beach the other day. Ally, Mike, and I went to South Hampton to enjoy a relaxing day at a secluded beach amongst the absurdly wealthy. Why? Why did we drive an hour an a half to rub sunscreened elbows with the dog-owning elite?

To be honest, I don't know. But that's what Ally and Mike wanted to do, so who was I to argue?