Effin' Sweet

Welcome to Your Life, There's No Turning Back...

Sunday, December 25, 2005

Chipper Christmas!


Okay. So I passed. But it was scary, dude!


And when I got that e-mail, that said... "Okay, don't worry about the integumentary system anymore, pal... because you made it!" Well, that pretty much made my vacation. Now, I get to enjoy the next week or so, not stressing out about a make-up exam. I was so happy with the news, I immediately went onto google images and typed in, "hell yeah." What pictures you see are the result. I also put in, "woo hoo," and I got the top and bottom pictures. Okay, so my life is pretty dull. In spending nearly 48 hours awake for my test and subsequent celebration, I did get to see King Kong, though. It was everything I thought it'd be. I hope it'll be a success, because it's evident that Mr. Peter Jackson put a great deal of love and care into this project. And yes, I'm not embarrassed to admit it, I was crying at the end. Basically, if you got choked up watching The Iron Giant... then this movie will leave you feeling awfully sad. But the ride... oh what a ride it was!

Now, I can see how people complain that it seems too long. It is long. And unlike Peter Jackson's previous three films, you don't have Viggo Mortensen's dreamy blue eyes and homoerotic hobbit dialogue to distract you. So this time you can definitely tell that a significant chunk of time has elapsed. I'd say a more ruthless, George Lucasian, film editor could've pared the 3-hour behemoth down by nearly an hour. A geek like me can sit and be amazed for 3 hours, but I acknowledge that the average theater-goer will probably get a little fidgety. For instance, there's an entire subplot involving a young stowaway and first mate that's entirely disposable (I think it was put in, simply to feature one black guy who DIDN'T have a bone through his nose and yelling "Ooga Booga!") Otherwise, he really didn't affect the overall storyline in the least. But, I reiterate, this
is a minor critique. The movie is absolutely incredible, and demands to be seen on the big screen.

And so, having kicked off my Christmas vacation with some pints, some pals, some primates, and a passing grade... I have since gotten some much-needed sleep, and been manically shopping for the last two days. The only gift that remains is the White Elephant Present... but I have a couple more days until I need that...

So now, I look forward to Jim's homecoming, some much needed hanging out, and some fun parties. It's gonna be a Merry Christmas, all right!

Folks, in the next week, look forward to the first-ever "Bloggies" Awards, acknowledging the notable contributors to the online dialogue, that always provides a great excuse to procrastinate and avoid my medical school work!

Furthermore, I'll weigh in on such topics as the "Happy Holidays" controversey and I'll try to avoid gloating about Johnny Damon. I'll try. Really.

Feedback Question of the Day:
"What Ever Happened to Tio Marco and Dr. Love? We Never Hear from Them Anymore on the Feedback Forum."

Woo Hoo! Merry Christmas!

2 Comments:

At 12:56 PM, Blogger Chris said...

Congrats on passing, and Merry Christmas...

In other news: Update your wedding Blog...cock!

Oh maybe cock was too strong.

Dick!

 
At 11:00 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. Crimmins and all...

A thousand apologies for not posting in like 5-6 months. I've been poor, depressed and jobless and hadn't made checking your/Tom's blog a high priority. Rest assured, I deeply enjoy your/Tom's humorous rants. I will make a more conscious effort nowadays, though. Belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year's to all. You'll be hearing from me soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home