Effin' Sweet

Welcome to Your Life, There's No Turning Back...

Thursday, July 14, 2005


In June of 1998, Tom "Doesn't this bandana make me look butch?" Crimmins and Wayne "My headband totally has a rival gang color to Tom's bandana, but it's all good, aight?" Barone successfully reached the summit of Mount Washington. But their sleeves were never found again...

So, these next five weeks will be big for me. I'm going to have to make it my absolute mission to work myself up to five miles again by the time we head off to New Hampshire. Plus, I have to decide which t-shirt I'm going to cut the sleeves off of. Decisions, decisions...

This time, though I'm going to be a lot more prepared, as far as accomodations go. Last time, Wayne and I had no tent, so we had the bright idea to make one. Simple, we thought, we'll just take about 20 yards of clear tarp and a bunch of rope, and we'll make a handy-dandy lean-to. Right. No problem. We're two Chaminade graduates, how hard could that be?

Let it be said that what followed was one of the most miserable nights of sleep I've ever suffered through. And I've taken an overnight train through France! The really obnoxious part of France, too! Imagine trying to get comfortable trying to sleep in the puddle of a slip'n'slide that's been draped over jagged rocks while mosquitos organize a buffet on your entire upper torso. Not fun. Not fun at all.

The next night, after we had returned from Mount Washington, we were so fed up with our crappy-ass lean-to that we both slept in the Foxy Lady. The front seats reclined real nice and was satisfyingly nature-free inside. Yay Artificial!

So, by now, a little older, a little wiser, a little whinier, I now own a tent and air mattress, so the Pimpmaster and myself will have a more comfortable stay. I'm not ruling out the Foxy Lady for night two, because who knows what that campsite has in store? But believe me, I'll be most happy to blog about it when we get back!

So, until then, I'll be training.

Will Tom and Pimpo-maximus make it to the summit? Will Tom suffer an aneurysm? Find out... on August 15th!