Effin' Sweet

Welcome to Your Life, There's No Turning Back...

Tuesday, September 06, 2005


Here I am, sizing up the table after sanding it down.

The Duff Stadium Saga

I would be remiss if I didn't pay proper respect to an art project that I devoted over a month to this past summer: the custom beer pong table that would eventually be dubbed, "Duff Stadium."

Chris and I picked up the wood at a local store. Strangely, it was a combination Pet Food and Lumber Yard. Which... I guess would be a convenient place to go if you needed a couple 2x4's and 50 pounds of kibbles and bits. I'm surprised no one ever thought of that combo before. Perhaps the store owner tried different concepts that only failed, and this is his most recent experiment. First he tried "Health Club and Aquarium Supply." A couple of years later, he went to started "Baby Gap and Tractors." Still later, the local "Bar and Grill and Fertilizer." And then he almost gave it all up after he failed at "Hooters and Religious Goods." But somehow, he held on, and his new venture is handling all the local lumber and pet food needs of the community!