Effin' Sweet

Welcome to Your Life, There's No Turning Back...

Tuesday, September 06, 2005


The shiny goodness of it all!

The last, and most important step of the beer pong table process was the water-proofing. Chris and I had debated on what would be the best way to protect the table. Many solutions were suggested, including painting on varnish and bolting on plexiglass. But ultimately, the right way to go was "liquid glass." Which was a resin coating used for bowling alleys and bar tops. It was a sticky job that claimed one of my favorite t-shirts and the tips of my running shoes... but the result was worth it. After drying for a week in the basement... Duff Stadium had a glossy, hardened, permanent, waterproof surface. I'm still amazed at how perfectly it came out. Eventually, the table was unveiled at SummerSlam '05 to great enthusiasm... and we had a great beer pong tournament that night!

Which Chris an I... most fittingly... won.