Effin' Sweet

Welcome to Your Life, There's No Turning Back...

Tuesday, September 27, 2005


Gremlins: Apparently, my frequent houseguests...

I'm convinced, we got gremlins.

Aside from being hysterically homicidal critters and an excuse to see Phoebe Cates in a movie, gremlins have been traditionally known to cause mechanical and electrical problems by World War II airmen. In latter years, many of these problems were proven to be caused by windshear, condensation, and Communists. But many airmen still hold to the old beliefs.

Well, I think we have them, now.

Back in mid-August, all but one of the house's VCR's up and died. At the same time. Quite mysterious. My dad found it amusingly weird. I just found it annoying, mainly because my copy of Bill Cosby: Himself, is still stuck in my VCR. But I digress...

...it was gremlins.

How else could such a thing happen? What are the odds of three separate VCRs giving up the ghost at the same time? Not too good, I imagine.

Now, fast forward to last week, the internet goes down at the same time as my family's dishwasher commits seppuku. What the heck is going on, here?

Needless to say, I've got to enlist the aid of the weird old Asian guy that runs the creepy curio shop on the edge of town. He shakes his cane at me and curses in Cantonese whenever I come by. But what are you gonna do?

Feedback Question of the Day:
"Ever experience a weird happening? Either at home or away? See something strange? Mechanical weirdness? Alien abduction? 7 chicken McNuggets in a 6 order?"

3 Comments:

At 7:14 PM, Blogger Chris said...

To answer your question, I direct you to this website shesanicegirl.blogspot.com

Further more the members of the Administration at your med school need to be kicked in the balls...in the words of Jim Grant "That is all."

 
At 7:22 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i noticed when i hum a sony (tv show theme, music, etc) or quote a movie or think of a movie scene around 95% of the time, i hear the song on the radio or see the show on dvd.

 
At 10:01 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Walking up behind someone who has a computer problem where something 'just isn't working right', and watching as the problem fixes itself as soon as I'm within a 5 foot radius of the system...

This has happened to me so often that I'm convinced that I either have an 'aura of working-ness' or computers simply fear that I'll take them apart and instal their component guts in a toaster somewhere.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home