Effin' Sweet

Welcome to Your Life, There's No Turning Back...

Friday, August 12, 2005

Post Party Depression... and Happy Koala Cubs


"Do You Want to be Friends?" When Tom gets "that look" in his eyes... he's pretty freakin' creepy... "HANDS DOWN!" (Sorry, that was an awful pun.)

Oh, the agony of post party depression. It gets a guy sort of weird. A little odd. A trifle off-kilter. A tad strange. A smidgen loopy. A bit bonkers. A mite wacky. An iota demented. A pinch psychotic. But mostly redundant.

I've felt a bit down lately. Which is typical after whenever I throw a party. I usually put forth so much energy and creativity and effort into these shindigs, that it sort of takes over my life. And afterwards, whether it was a huge hit or a miserable misfire, I sort of experience a listless "feh" period... which usually lasts until Ally thinks of making a scrapbook or Chris has a brilliant idea about making a custom beer pong table. Then I sort of get back onto the imagination/obsession roller coaster once again.

It's a vicious cycle.

I've also felt pretty guilty about not updating this blog. It seems like I have to make up stuff during the lull periods, but when I actually have interesting things happening, I'm too busy doing them to have time to regurgitate it all onto "Effin' Sweet." One of those not-exactly-ironic things Alanis might sing about.