Effin' Sweet

Welcome to Your Life, There's No Turning Back...

Monday, August 22, 2005

Commencements: Endings and Beginnings


"Wait a minute! This thing looks like neither a 'foot,' nor a 'ball'! What the heck?!" After unveiling the custom-made beer pong table, "Duff Stadium," Tom takes the opportunity to announce Brian Craine as the MVP of the previous November's Fabulous Football Fete. Chris and Tom spent a month designing and building the table, and Al is simply in the picture for raw sex appeal.

To borrow a line from Lord of the Rings: Return of the King,

"... to all things, come an end."

And this, my friends, is the end of my life as I know it.

I don't want to get into an overly-sentimental wuss-fest here, but it'll probably be inevitable. Because tomorrow I start med school. Tomorrow, I'll be at NYCOM in my goofy khakis and three-button polo shirt, listening to some extremely intelligent person explain in painful detail how seriously insane my life will be for the next four years. Then after that'll be residency. And after that, career... sorta like Renton's monologue at the end of Trainspotting. Well, all that except the whole addicted to heroin thing. And being Scottish. And the baby with the twisty head dealie.

...weeaugh...

But I digress... as usual.