Effin' Sweet

Welcome to Your Life, There's No Turning Back...

Monday, August 22, 2005


Worlds collide as Mariano "Walks out to 'Enter Sandman'" Rivera meets James "Rocks out to 'Enter Sandman'" Hetfield at Yankees Stadium. I think my head would have exploded if I had witnessed this in person.

Regret numbah' 'tree: My yankee pictures got irretrievably lost when my camera didn't rewind (like it was supposed to! Just wait 'til your father comes home!) and the film was inadvertently exposed to horrible, horrible sunlight. Hiss! Ally and I went to the game with Chris, Curt-dawg and various other representatives from the Westbury Crew. Yanks beat Boston. God it was sweet. We were up in the bleachers and we got a shot in front of the scoreboard as Sinatra's "New York, New York" rolled across the field like a dry martini. But while the memory remains, the picture is in lost-film heaven.

Plus, there was no Metallica concert this year. Which stinks. But I still went to Ozzfest, and that utterly rocked. So you win some, you lose some.