Effin' Sweet

Welcome to Your Life, There's No Turning Back...

Monday, August 22, 2005


"Shiny goodness..." Behold the glossy centerpiece to Chris and my creation.

As I reflect on the past summer, I can't help but feel a little regret. Because no one ever gets to do everything they want in a summer. Deep down, we still want those seemingly endless summers of childood... when we didn't know if it was the first week of July or the last week of August... every day was a whole, new, carefree adventure. When the buzzing of cicadas played their bittersweet lullaby as I lay my downy head upon my cool pillow... and gran ma ma would...

- - - WE INTERRUPT THIS SMARMY NOSTALGIA TO GET BACK TO THE FRIGGIN POINT! WE NOW RETURN YOU TO THE ORIGINAL POST, ALREADY IN PROGRESS. THE VIOLIN PLAYING WILL END IN T-MINUS 3... 2... 1... - - -

... and so that was the last time they'd let us back in Tijuana! Geeze... you'd think they never saw someone in a Barney costume shoot up a Mexican brothel during a coked-up frenzy before! But anyway, Grandma had a great birthday regardless. Cest la vie.

Seriously though, there just never seemed to be enough time (or money) to do everything I wanted to do. But, in fairness, I had a lot of great things happen this summer. I went to some wonderful weddings, went paintballin', threw a couple of great parties, went to Ozzfest, got to spend a weekend at a beach house with my family, do a little hiking...

... oh yeah, the hiking thing. Mount Washington. Heh heh. Yeah. That, didn't exactly work out the way I planned it... (segue!)