Effin' Sweet

Welcome to Your Life, There's No Turning Back...

Thursday, August 25, 2005

And So It Begins...



Well, I've made it nearly a week at medical school. And not to jinx myself but...

"so far, so good!"

Now, in all fairness, I haven't actually worked yet. This has just been the orientation week. And I really must say that I think this'll be almost okay. The people are fairly down-to-earth, and the administration seems eager to help. I definitely do not feel the same vibe I got at Columbia way-back-when, during my Post-Bacc days. Of course, this may be because everyone's a little more relaxed, since they don't have to be so competitive. After all, as I've been told repeatedly since I got here, the most important formula to remember is:

"C = Doctor"

Which basically breaks down to, "What do you call the person who graduated last in medical school?" "Doctor."

I think I can live with that.

Of course, that being said, I've already started printing out some of the assignments (I'm trying to be all good and scholarly, starting out) and this stuff is no joke. I'll be kicking my butt for the next couple of years, that's for sure. Which kinda stinks, because the Dropkick Murphys are playing a Thursday night at the Starland Ballroom in NJ this November... and I most certainly cannot go. Much to my disappointment. And while we're on the subject, if you want to go see a great live rock show, go see the Murphys. They're great live, and have some awesome songs. They're from Boston, which is only forgivable by virtue of their excellent musicianship. Only!